Five Factor Tracker Week 3 Review
[There are five factors that highly correlate to winning in college football: finishing drives, efficiency, explosiveness, field position, and turnovers. The 5 Factor Tracker attempts to record Tennessee's relative success or failure in these categories throughout the season.]
Tennessee Defense vs. 2023 Opponents’ Offense:
- The most explosive offense on the schedule so far is, of course, Kentucky. Wait what?
- Alabama’s offense might be fine if they can create scoring opportunities. IF.
- A&M is once again the only team with no red on the ledger.
Tennessee Offense vs. 2023 Opponents’ Defense
Points per opportunity continues to trend in the wrong direction. Explosiveness is actually up from the last two weeks, but still in the bottom 1/3 of teams. Some very pastel greens means everything is holding positive, but in a precarious spot. UTSA gives some opportunities for a turnaround this weekend. Other thoughts:
- Y’all got anymore of those Virginias?
- Everybody has a weakness. Nobody in all green. Except…
- Georgia. Of course.